- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
Chapter 3 Word Formation I
1. A morpheme that can stand alone as a word is thought to be—– .
A. affixational B. derivational C. free D. bound
2. Affixes added to the end of words to indicate grammatical relationships are known as____
A. bound roots B. free morphemes
C. inflectional morphemes D. derivational affixes
3. ______are bound morphemes because they cannot be used as separate words.
A. Roots B. Stems C. Affixes D, Compounds
4. Bound morphemes include two types: bound root and____
5. Almost all affixes are_____________ morphemes because few can be used as independent words.
简答：1。What is the difference between partial and full conversion? Explain with two examples.
2．How do you distinguish inflectional affixes and derivational affixes?
Chapter 4 Word Formation II
1. Which of the following is a prefix of time and order?
A. extra- B. pro- C. re- D. semi-
2. Which of the following words is NOT formed through clipping?
A. Dorm B. motel C. Gent " D. Zoo”
简答：How would you explain the difference between back formation and suffixation? Give example to illustrate your point.
分析：Analyze the morphological structures of the following words and point out the types of the morphemes.__
unbearable, international, ex-prisoner.