- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
Chapter 5 Word Meaning
1. The relationship between the linguistic sign and a referent is___
A. conventional B. non-conventional C. concrete D. specific
2. Which of the following statements is true?
A. Every word has reference.
B Every word has sense.
C. Every word is semantically motivated.
D. Every word is conceptually motivated.
3. The relationship between words and things in the world is established by means of_____
A reference B. sense C. concept D. meaning
4. Which of the following statements is Not true?
A. Reference is the relationship between language and the world.
B. The relationship between a word and its referent is arbitrary.
C. Concept is universal to all men alike.
D. Sense denotes the relationships outside the language.
5. The word "laconic" is_____
A. onomatopoeically motivated B. morphologically motivated
C. semantically motivated D. etymologically motivated
6. Conceptual meaning is also known as _______meaning.
7. _________meaning refers to the part of speech, tenses of verbs, etc.
概念：semantic motivation，colocative meaning
简答：What is collocative meaning? Give one example to illustrate your point.
分析：The 'pen' is mightier than the 'sword'.
Explain what 'pen' and 'sword' mean respectively using the theory of motivation,
Chapter 6 Sense Relations and Semantic Field
1. The way to define an antonym is based on___.
A. contradiction B. contrariness C oppositeness D. relativeness
2. According to the degree of similarity, homonyms can be classified into____.
A. perfect homonyms B. homonyms C. homophones D. all the above
3. The fact that the whole vocabulary can be pided up into fields can be exemplified by—–
A Roger's Thesaurus B. Concise Oxford Dictionary
C. New Webster's Dictionary D. Co-build Dictionary
4. Homophones are often employed to create puns for desired effects of____.
A. humor B. sarcasm C. ridicule D. all the above
5．Antonyms are classified on the basis of
简答：what's the fundamental difference between radiation and concatenation? Illustrate your point
分析：1。Comment on the following pairs of sentences in terms of subordinates and superordinates.
a. The girl got a book in the university.
b. The girl borrowed a dictionary from the department.
2. Comment on the following pairs of sentences in terms of superordinates and subordinates.
a. The man said he would come to our school next week.
b. The visiting scholar said he would visit our university next Monday.