- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
Chapter 9 English Idioms
1.Idioms in the course book are used in a___.
A. broad sense B. narrow sense C. figurative sense D. special sense
2. Structural stability means the structure of an idiom is generally____ .
A. movable B. unstable
c. unchangeable D. ununderstandable
3. Sentence idioms can be pided into___
A. declarative, and imperative B. interrogative and exclamative
C. verbal and adverbial D both A and B
4. The idiom "a dark horse" is a____.
A. simile B. metaphor C. metonymy D. personification
5. An idiom differs from a free phrase in that the former is____and the latter is not.
A. structurally changeable B. semantically analyzable
C. structurally fixed D. easily understood
6. The use of one name for that of another associated with it is rhetorically called___
A. synecdoche B. metonymy C. substitution D. metaphor
7. Idioms adjectival in nature function as____.
A. adjectives B. attributes C. modifiers D. words
8. In the idiom 'in good feather', we change 'good' into 'high, full' without changing meaning. This change of constituent is known as___
A. addition B. replacement
C. position-shifting D. variation
9．The same idiom may show_____differences when it is used in different meanings including affective meaning.
概念：variation of an idiom，idioms nominal in nature
简答：1。What are the stylistic features of idioms?
2．What is dismembering?
分析：Read the extract, pick out the idioms and explain their meanings. Then rewrite the extract in standard non-figurative language.
Sam is getting on, too. His hair is pepper and salt, but he knows how to make up for lost time by taking it easy.