- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
1. Match the words 0r expressions in column A with those in column B according to 1)sense relations，2)types 0f context，and 3)modes of word—meaning changes．(10％)
( ) 21. difference in connotation A. fond (from "foolish" to "affectionate")
( ) 22. perfect homonym B. homely/domestic
( ) 23. degradation C. date; date ~
( ) 24. transfer D. diseasing (from "discomfort'" to "illness"
( ) 25. elevation E. fabulous (from "resembling a fable" to "incredible"
( ) 26. narrowing F journal (from "daily paper" to "periodical"
( ) 27. extension G. silly (from "happy" to "foolish")
( ) 28. generalization H. pitiful (from "full of pity" to "deserving pity"
( ) 29. grammatical context I. It was a nice ball.
( ) 30. lexical context J. Visiting aunts can be boring.
2. Match the words in column A with those in column B
according to 1)rhetorical feature of the idioms; 2)sense
relations；3)assimilation degree；14)characteristics of the
basic word stock and 5)motivation．(10％)
21. reiteration ( ) A. high and low
22. repetition ( ) B. pick and choose
23. juxtaposition ( ) C. face to face
24. perfect homonym ( ) D. Failure is the mother of success.
25. personification, ( ) E. hiss
26 portus ( ) F. bear, bear
27. come ( ) G. twitter
28.heart ( ) J. heart and soul
29. birds ( ) I port
30. snakes ( ) J. heart and soul
3. Match the words or expressions in Column A with those in Column B according to 1) types of meaning changes;2)types of meaning;3)Language branches and 4)features of idioms.
21. grammatical meaning ( ) A. Scottish
22. reading-lamp ( ) B, neither fish, flesh, nor fowl
23. pen ( ) C. morphologically motivated
24. alliteration ( ) D. head of a state
25. difference in connotation ( ) E. answer/respond
26. elevation ( ) F. etymologically motivated
27. degradation ( ) G. garage ( a place for storing cars)
28. narrowing ( ) H. thing (any object or event)
29. extension ( ) I. part of speech
30. Celtic ( ) J. knave (a dishonest person)