- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
1. lead;respects;existence;never;aware;cases;whose;fear;in a word;from
1. Friend is better than fortune. Friend is worse than poison in some___. The above two statement are opposite and seem to be unreasonable but they can be explained as follows: The latter implies all evil friends who___us astray(误入歧途). The former refers to all good friends who drive us towards good.
My ideal friend is of course a good friend___ goodness is shown below: He has no bad liking, as smoking and drinking. He studies diligently so as not to waste his golden time. At home he honours his parents and loves his brothers; at school he___his teacher and sympathized with his schoolmates. He treats those truly who are true to him. He___speaks of other’s evils nor boasts of his own merits.___, he has all the good characters better than mine. I can follow him as a model. By his precepts(箴言)I am___of the danger of doing a wrong action. By his help I am free___all difficulties.Indeed, if I have such a person as my friend, I shall never___difficulty and I shall know the___ of the word“failure”.
1. It is widely believed that every word has a correct meaning, that we learn these___mainly from teachers and grammarians, and that dictionaries and___book are the highest authority in matter of meaning and usage. Few people ask by what___ the writers of dictionaries and grammars say what they say. I once got into an argument with an___woman over the ___of the word and offered to look it up in the___. The English woman said firmly,“What for? I am English. I was born and brought up in___. The way I speak is___ .”Such confidence about one's own language is not___ among the English. In the United States, however, anyone who is willing to quarrel with the dictionary is regarded___out of his mind.
1. After Lois Diaz Talty was insulted by the teenager, she was committed to___.
2. David and his wife could not send their thanks to the donor’s family because___.
3. “It doesn’t matter if you are born in a duck-yard as long as you come from a swan’s egg.” This sentence means ___.
4. If you seriously wish to get the most out of college, you ___.
5. Mr. Grayson want the Thinking Machine to help him to know___.
6. Andersen’s books are full of___.
7. For years my plans have been safe, but___ they have become known to my competitors—in the small detail, and in time for them to steal my customers.
8. It was important for Mr. Grayson to keep his business plans secret because___.
9. An elderly man had collapsed while___and an ambulance rushed him to King County Hospital.
10. Yet before the day ended, I received phone calls from two managers___from my competitor.
1. 答案： a
2. 答案： c
3. You are___for this accident.
A. to be blame
B. to be blamed
C. to blame
4. 答案： a
5. 答案： b
7. 答案： a
8. 答案： c
9. 答案： a
10. 答案： c
11. 答案： c
12. 答案： d
15. 答案： c
16. 答案： b
18. 答案： d
21. 答案： d
22. 答案： c
25. 答案： a
26. 答案： c
30. 答案： c