- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
11. Seldom _______ this road flooded.
A. have I seen
B. I have seen
C. I saw
D. I had seen
12. Under his arm _______ a great album.
A. was he carrying
B. he was carrying
C. did he carry
D. had he carried
13. ________ I like about her is her liveliness.
14. I hope she will make _______ progress as you.
A. as so
B. as much
C. much as
D. so as
15. If the rain ______, we'll be able to go to the zoo.
C. will stop
D. is stopping
16. Had you worked harder at college, you _______ a better job.
A. could get
B. could have got
C. would get
D. would have got
17. She works ______ she were well – trained.
C. as if
18. ________ I should fail again, I will not give up the experiment.
A. Even so
C. Even if
19. The directors will meet tomorrow, ________ the schedule is changed.
20. He gave up _______ on medical advice.
B. to smoke
D. to being smoke
IV. 在下列短文的空格内填入适当的词，每格只能填一个词。 (每空格0.5分， 共10分)
Last night I was driving from Harrisburg to Lewisburg, PA. , a distance of about 80 miles. It was late at one point along an open highway, I came to a crossroads with a traffic ______1. I was alone on the road by now but as I approached the light, it ______2 red, and I braked to a halt. I looked left, right, and behind me. Nothing. No car, no suggestion of headlights, but there I sat, waiting _____3 the light to change, the only human being, for at least a mile _____4 and direction.
I started wondering why I refused _____5 run the light. I was not afraid _____6 being arrested, because there was obviously ______7 cop anywhere around and there certainly would have been no danger in going _____8 it.
Later that night, after I'd met with a group in Lewisburg, and climbed ______9 bed near midnight, the question of why I'd stopped for that light came ______10 to me. I ______11 I stopped because it's part of a contract we ______12, and we trust each ______13 to honor it. We don't go through ______14 lights. Like most of us. I'm more adp to be restrained ______15 doing something bad by the social covention that disapproves of it ______16 by any law _____17 it.
It's amazing _____18 we ever trust each other to do the ______19 thing, isn't it? And we do, too. ______20 is our first inclination.
V. 根据所学课文的内容，用适当的答案完成下列句子 (每小题2分，共20分)
1. The fast train has changed Japan in two ways: __________________.
2. The official languages in Hong Kong are _____________.
3. A Shanghai – registered ship bound for London stops at Singapore for supplies because ___________.
4. Write down six members among Member States of the EC ___________.
5. Europe's Largest port is ___________.
6. Mozat died in 1971, so 2001 was _____________.
7. The function of the Suez Canal is __________________.
8. Japan's post – war decades have been an age of ________________.
9. Europeans hope that ___________.
10. These days the Americans complain that ________________.
VI. 将下列句子译成英语 (每小题2分，共20分)