- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
Section 2 Choose the most appropriate answer to fill in each of the blanks.(10%)
21. Little girls and elderly ladies in kimonos ______ teenagers and women in western dress.
a. rubbed shoulders with
b. rubbed shoulder with
c.rubbed the shoulder with
d. rubbed the shoulders with
22. Don’tto the temptation to have just one cigarette.
23. The temple waswith lights.
24. We met Mary and her husband at a party two months ago. ____ we’ve
had no further communication.
25. It would be ______, but no more than waiting here for certain detection.
26.At last this intermezzo ______, and I found myself in front of the gigantic City Hall.
a. came to end
b. came to the end
c. came to an end
d. came to ending
27. Everyone who has visited the city agrees that it is ____ with life.
28. He is a man ofcompetitiveness.
29. After thesparring over legalities, Darrow got up to make his opening statement.
30. The words spat forth with sudden savagery, allof blandness gone.