- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
Part of Britain
I. Read the following unfinished statements or questions carefully. For each unfinished statement or question four suggested answers marked A, B, C and
D are given. Choose the one you think best completes the statements or answers the question.
1. The United Kingdom is located in ____.
A. northern Europe
B. western Europe
C. northwestern Europe
D. southeastern Europe
2. The two large islands that make up the British Isles are ____.
A. Scotland and Ireland
B. Britain and Scotland
C. Great Britain and Northern Ireland
D. Great Britain and Ireland
3. The British Empire was replaced by the British Commonwealth or the Commonwealth of Nations in ____.
4. The Commonwealth of Nations is an association of independent countries ____.
A. that were once colonies of Britain
B. that have a large number of British immigrants
C. that have close relations with Britain
D. that have fought on the side of Britain in the two world wars
5. The English Channel separates the island of Great Britain from ____.
D. the Netherlands
6. England has three main land regions. They are the Southwestern Plateau,the Pennines, and ___.
A. the Eastern Plain
B. the Highland
C. the Central Lowlands
D. the Southern Uplands
7. Scotland occupies the ____ third of the island of Great Britain in the
8. Northern Ireland, which takes up the northern fifth of Ireland, is a
fourth political pision of ____.
A. the United Kingdom
9. Britain’s longest rivers are ____.
A. the Severn and the Clyde
B. the Thames and the Clyde
C. the Clyde and the Humber
D. the Severn and the Thames
10. The largest lake in the British Isles is ____.
A. Loch Lomond
B. Loch Neagh