- 欢迎您访问自学考试网！ 今天是
1. The National Health Service was established in the United Kingdom in _____.
2. Prescription charges do not apply to the following people except ____.
A. self-employed people
B. child under 16
C. war and armed forces disablement pensioners
D. women aged 60 and over and men aged 65 and over
3. NHS has suffered from under-funding in recent decades, as a result of which many ______ people have been turning to private medical health care.
A. working class
4. Britain ahs about ______ million adults with one or more disabilities, of whom around 7 percent live in communal establishments.
5. Most pregnant working women receive their statutory maternity pay directly
from their employer for a maximum of _____ weeks.
6. The Church of England is not free to change its form of worship, as laid
down in _____ without the consent of Parliament.
A. the Bill of Rights
B. the Provisions of Oxford
C. the Constitutions of Clarendon
D. the Book of Common Prayer
7. The position of the Church of Scotland was defined in the Treaty of Union, 1707, and further safeguarded by the Church of Scotland Act, ______.
8. The Salvation Army is served by 1,800 officers (ordained ministers) and runs more than _____ worship centers.
9. At Christmas, the home is decorated with the following except _____.
A. colorful paper chains
B. leaves of holly and mistletoe
C. a young fir-tree
10. Easter is traditionally associated with the following except ____.
A. the resurrection of Christ
B. the eating of Easter eggs
C. the custom of giving presents
D. the coming of spring
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. C 5. B 6. D 7. A 8. B 9. D 10. C